Today I was trying to see if I can get a 100% score with Google Page speed. I started with a score of 65 out of 100. Now it’s time to quit, I achieved a score of 98%.
Most important changes to upgrade my score:
- Configured expire headers and GZIP compression in IIS
- Moved static images to CSS as embedded base64 (used tool: web essentials extension). So less http requests!
- Made favicon cacheable (http://www.guusbeltman.nl/FavIcon.ashx)
- Used a HttpModule for cleaning up HTML (no comments, spaces, etc) A downloaded PageOptimiser source code and extended it to my needs.
- Added a Google Analytics handler for a far-future expire date. GA Trick is described by Mads Kristensen.
- Used Google CDN for jQuery and CDNJS